The annual Illinois 5Essentials Survey is available now and will remain open until March 29. We encourage all parents to participate in the survey!
The 5Essentials is a research-based school improvement system. It is comprised of a school improvement framework, diagnostic survey, and professional learning that provide meaningful insight into a school's organizational conditions, culture, and climate. It helps schools prioritize areas for improvement and measure progress toward improved organizational conditions necessary for achieving sustainable school improvement.
The 5Essentials System is based on more than 30 years of research conducted by the University of Chicago Consortium on School Research. The 5Essentials are:
- Effective Leaders: The principal works with teachers to implement a clear and strategic vision for school success.
- Collaborative Teachers: Teachers collaborate to promote professional growth.
- Involved Families: The entire school staff builds strong relationships with families and communities to support learning.
- Supportive Environment: The school is safe and orderly. Teachers have high expectations for students and support students to realize their goals. Classmates also support one another.
- Ambitious Instruction: Classes are academically demanding and engage students by emphasizing the application of knowledge.
Be sure to participate in this important opportunity!